Cuernavaca Segundo (known to many by its marketing name, “Colonia Encantada”) in McCormick Ranch is a guard-gated, luxury patio home community. Developed by Geoffrey Edmunds as the sister subdivision to the original Cuernavaca subdivision (located on Scottsdale Road, just South of Indian Bend Road and the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park), Cuernavaca Segundo lies along McCormick Parkway, across from Camelback Lake, the Millennium Resort and the McCormick Ranch Golf Club.
For Scottsdale patio home buyers with a discerning eye, Cuernavaca Segundo is a good place to start and stop the search. Out of reach for those on more modest budgets, it is a rival to Gainey Ranch for security-conscious, high end shoppers.
- Legally classified as townhouses, Cuernavaca Segundo is comprised of 42 total properties: 16 of which are single level, and the remaining 26 2-stories.
- Not your average townhouse / patio home community, the average size home is approximately 3026 square feet.
- 10 properties feature private swimming pools.
- Zoned R-4 for residential lots with 4000 square foot minimums.
- Construction dates range from 1979-1981.
- Block construction w/ stucco finish, tile roofing and 2 car garages are standard.
- Kiva Elementary | Mohave Middle | Saguaro High School districts
- HOA fees of $415 /month in addition to annual $185 McCormick Ranch PAD fee (current as of time of posting)
- Dues include front yard & common area maintenance, manned guard gate, heated community pool & spa, community tennis court(s) and clubhouse.
Before you get too excited about this subdivision, know that Cuernavaca Segundo, aka Colonia Encantada, is for those with the wallet to match their discriminating tastes. With the low end of the pricing scale still firmly entrenched in the luxury market, it is not unusual to encounter asking prices in excess of $1 million.
For those with a penchant for the lock and leave lifestyle, however, it’s tough to beat this subdivision. With homes larger than the averages found in most single-family subdivisions throughout McCormick Ranch, privacy is as valued here as the worry-free, low maintenance lifestyle. Central to everything worth being central to, the location is similarly unbeatable. For my money (which admittedly would not buy me a closet in one of these beauties), it falls along one of the two prettiest stretches in all of Scottsdale. With Camelback and Mummy Mountain views rising above the golf course and lake, it’s hard to imagine a nicer visage to serve as an escort to the daily commute.
Nearby shopping, dining, etc is a stone’s throw in virtually every direction. Options include the Shops at Gainey Village, the Paseo Village shopping center and Fashion Square Mall (approx. 1 mile South) among others.
Homes currently for sale in Cuernavaca Segundo
Ready to launch your McCormick Ranch Home Search?
You’ve come to the right place.
Contact Ray and Paul Slaybaugh for all of your McCormick Ranch Real Estate needs. With over 50 years of combined experience, we’re the agents that other agents Google for McCormick Ranch Real Estate information.
(480) 220-2337 | firstname.lastname@example.org